What's IT all about?

Thursday, September 14, 2006

This week in class we have been discussion synchronous communication. Not sure what I'm talking about? Synchronous communication is communication that occurs without delay. For example, communication that is done in person, over the telephone, even the radio and TV!

While synchronous communication is great (and I admit I use it everyday). Does anyone else miss "snail mail"? Why don't you look up an old friend in your address book and write them a letter today?! That would be asynchronous communication...by the way.

Alicia

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

"Snail mail." Does anyone use it anymore? I have to admit that I enjoy getting a letter or a card from an old friend, but I don't usually reciprocate. It sounds terrible, but it's a lot easier to send something with a touch of a button. I guess it's all come down to convenience.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

In the online learning environment, I much prefer asynchronous learning. It meets my multitasking personality and busy schedule.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home