What's IT all about?

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

This week in class we have been discussing the International Children's Digital Library. It is a really cool site where you can "read" children's books from all over the world...in their native language! If you've never seen it before, it's definitely worth checking out:

http://www.icdlbooks.org/

Going along with that, I've got some great news for anyone who loves ebooks and/or audiobooks and lives in NYS.

The New York Public Library offers a variety of downloadable ebooks and audio books to members (anyone who lives, works, and/or pays taxes in NY can join for free!). They have a GREAT selection of books for kids and adults. For example, some of my recent downloads include In Cold Blood, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

To get a card:

Visit http://nypl.org/

Enjoy!
Alicia

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Whoops somehow I deleted the first comment I wrote!!

Because I don't have a lot of time to sit down and read, I just started to get into the audio books. They are fabulous. Just a FYI, the Onondaga County Library System also has digital audio books that can be downloaded on a PC, laptop or compatible MP3 player (for some reason they don't support iPods yet). Here's the link: http://onlib.lib.overdrive.com/455CBEE4-187D-49A7-8147-BE4CF759F61B/10/210/en/Default.htm
Since many of us live in Onondaga County this is a great service that has just recently been established!

11:39 AM

11:44 AM  
Blogger Tracy Sparent said...

I love the idea of downloadable books, but I still really enjoy curling up on the couch with a good old fashioned paperback. I did enjoy the Intl. Children's Library site though. There are times when my daughter has to come to my office, and this is a great site to set her up on - she can see books from all the places she wants to go someday.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thank you for the valuable information. I did not know we could download audio books from the public library system. The website I am evaluating is BookWink. One of my suggestions what they add more valuble links besides to sales groups. This would be a valuable link on there site.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

iraq okalkan confounded kottakkal decals containing daunting toolbars incumbent alludes mcglown
lolikneri havaqatsu

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home