What's IT all about?

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Hello and welcome to the first edition of whiteboard blabber! For the second half of the semester I will be discussing electronic whiteboards. Although I had never even heard of them until I was assigned the topic, I didn't have a hard time figure out what they are. Electronic whiteboards are the 21st century's version of a chalkboard. Basically, they look like the whiteboard hanging in your kitchen, but can do so much more. Not only are these whiteboards interactive, but teachers can save their presentations to the board and then email them to their students!

Attached is an article from Education World which describes electronic whiteboards and how they are being used in the classroom. Check it out:

http://www.education-world.com/a_tech/tech/tech206.shtml

Until next week!

Alicia

2 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Sparent said...

The librarian I am working with for my tech project had suggested working with whiteboard, and I hadn't heard of it either. It does sound like a great gadget though. I had no idea how much new technololgy there was out there until I took this course, and the scary thing is that by the time I finish with my masters, there will be even more, and some of what we are learning about now will be obsolete.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

In my fieldwork this semester I was first introduced to the whiteboard. There is so many neat things you can do with it, but one that I can see being extremely helpful is the feature of displaying a graph right on the whiteboard. I could envision math and science teachers having their students come up to the board and plot points.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home