What's IT all about?

Friday, November 24, 2006

Hello, everyone! Did you go shopping this morning? I was at Wal*Mart around 4:30!

This week we are discussing social networking and its educational benefits (though some seem to think that there are none).

I myself do not have any sort of MySpace or Friendster page, though my friend and I saw it once a month or so ago. I poked around the 3 major sites this week; MySpace, Friendster, and Facebook, but did not and probably will not set up my own account. It's not something I have the the time to do...when I have "free time" on the Internet nowadays I usually like to spend it browsing around ebay looking for presents.

I do like how you can use these sites to reconnect with old friends, however. Do any of you have a social networking account? If so, were you able to find a former buddy that you had lost touch with?

Alicia

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I have not used any of these accounts. I know my mom has contacted a few of her old classmates from Classmates.com. It just looks like a big advertising gimick at times to me. But she has met a few.

I hope you found what you were looking for at Walmart!

We slept in and went in at 10:00. That was crazy enough for us. We have gone into the mad rush in years past. Sometimes the deals are just to good for some of us with kids to resist!

I hope everyone is getting their shopping done whether it is this crazy weekend or not!

Lisa

9:25 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I had friendster first, then changed over to myspace and now I have facebook as well. The reason I have these is to stay in touch with my college friends. I have found old high school friends this way as well. Due to privacy concerns, I make my page private so that only my listed friends can access my page.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home