What's IT all about?

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Hi again! This week in class we have been discussing Google jockeying...another form of technology that I have no experience with. From what I understand, Google jockeying is a multi-media presentation in which the lecture is accompanied by the Internet.

Here is how it works. I stand around and talk about George Washington, and while I'm doing that I have a helper searching the web for George Washington related info (maybe go to the virtual tour of Mount Vernon, perhaps? :))

Anyway, it seems like a bit much to me. I don't think kids will pay much attention to the lecture as they would probably be more interested in what is going on on the screen. Also, I would worry that my helper would not be able to find relevant info. If I were to attempt this, it would have to be rehearsed and my websites planned out ahead of time.

I know you would be losing the spontaneity that way...but I'd rather have a plan.

Alicia

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Yeah I agree that the websites would need to be planned out. The lesson could get easily side tracked and students could lose focus.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I think such a lesson would be a disaster for younger students. It would take a lot of practice and a lot of structure to keep them attentive to the teacher.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Tracy Sparent said...

I did not know what this was either, and I am not sure how much I would like it if I was in class. It sounds very distracting, and I would think it would make it far more difficult to follow the lecture and take notes.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home