What's IT all about?

Friday, November 03, 2006

Hi and welcome back to whiteboard blabber! I've been reading up on electronic whiteboards this week and am really impressed at how versatile they are. Not only do they work alone, they can be hooked up to computers and DVD players. From what I understand, some schools are replacing their old wall mounted TV's with electronic whiteboards (do they hook up to cable???).

Though I don't usually reference Wikipedia, I found an interesting article about electronic whiteboards there. It discusses everything e.w. from what they are and how they are being used in the classroom to available accessories (stands, printers...even student response systems, a.k.a. clickers!)and number in use.

Check it out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interactive_whiteboard

Alicia

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

At our kids' open house, we saw the teachers share what was on their computer right on the smart board. We saw all of their powerpoint presentations on the smart board. What the kids rave the most about with this new technololgy is the interactivity when playing games. I'm not sure, but it sounds like the same technology you are discussing.

Lisa

5:38 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I knew that whiteboards can be hooked up to computers, but I didn't realize that they could be hooked up to a DVD player as well. It's wonderful that there are so many educational opportunities with one device.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Tracy Sparent said...

Sounds better than the old overhead projector. I wonder if how easy it would be to use it in place of a chalkboard. I know that there is one at my daughter's school, but it is still in the box for the time being. Her librarian is new there this year, and is still trying to sort everything out that the old librarian never got around to using. It sounds like it will be a great tool once it is put into use. Looking forward to it.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home